Islamabad High Court (IHC) Chief Justice Aamer Farooq on Monday ordered that former Prime Minister Imran Khan be shifted to Rawalpindi’s Adiala Jail from Attock Jail.
The order came during the hearing of a petition filed by Khan’s lawyer seeking his transfer to Adiala Jail on medical grounds. The lawyer argued that Imran Khan was suffering from back pain and other health issues, and that Attock Jail did not have the necessary medical facilities to treat him.
However, the IHC chief justice observed that all undertrial prisoners from Islamabad are kept in Adiala Jail as per law. He therefore directed the authorities to shift Imran Khan to Adiala Jail.
Khan was arrested in August on charges of contempt of court after he failed to appear before a court in connection with a case related to the Toshakhana reference. He was initially detained in the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) headquarters in Islamabad, but was later shifted to Attock Jail.
The IHC order to shift Imran Khan to Adiala Jail is likely to spark further controversy, as his supporters have been demanding his release. It remains to be seen whether the authorities will comply with the order immediately, or whether they will seek a stay from the Supreme Court.
- Pakistan to Host 2024 T20 Blind World Cup
- China Agrees to Roll Over $2 Billion Loan to Pakistan
- Kiara Advani Joins the Don Universe in Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3 Movie
- Mathira’s Instagram Transformation: Hot Photos Unveiled!
- UAE Dirham to PKR Today on 28 February | AED to Pakistani Rupee Price
- GBP to PKR – UK Pound to Pakistani Rupee Today 28 February, 2024