Islamabad, Pakistan – The World Bank launched a new program on September 22, 2023, to support reforms in Pakistan. The program, called “Reforms for a Brighter Future,” is aimed at helping Pakistan achieve sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
The program will focus on eight key areas:
- Strengthening government revenues
- Rationalizing public expenditures
- Transforming the private sector
- Unleashing the agri-food sector
- Achieving sustainable energy
- Accelerating progress on child stunting
- Improving learning outcomes
- Promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment
The World Bank will work with the Government of Pakistan, civil society, and the private sector to implement the program. The program is expected to last for five years and will be funded by a combination of World Bank loans and grants.
At the launch of the program, World Bank Country Director for Pakistan Najy Benhassine said, “Pakistan is at a critical juncture in its development. The country has the potential to achieve rapid and sustainable economic growth, but this will require bold reforms. The Reforms for a Brighter Future program is designed to support Pakistan in implementing these reforms and creating a better future for all Pakistanis.”
The launch of the program was welcomed by the Government of Pakistan. Finance Minister Ishaq Dar said, “The Government of Pakistan is committed to implementing reforms that will lead to sustainable and inclusive economic growth. We are grateful for the World Bank’s support through the Reforms for a Brighter Future program.”
The Reforms for a Brighter Future program is a significant development for Pakistan. The program has the potential to help Pakistan achieve its economic and social development goals. The success of the program will depend on the commitment of the Government of Pakistan, civil society, and the private sector to implement the reforms.
- PITB established ‘Business Facilitation Centre’ Receives Over 2,500 Applications; 1,893 NOCs Issued
- Neuralink Implant Enables Patient to Control Computer Mouse Through Thought, Says Elon Musk
- Dewan Motors Introduces BMW i5 & R1300 Models in Pakistan
- US Firm Signs Agreement to Invest $200 Million in Pakistan’s Pink Salt Industry
- iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max to Come in These New Colors
- Saudi Riyal to PKR – SAR to Pakistani Rupee Today 26 February