India has suspended visa services for Canadian citizens following the tension created by the murder of Khalistan Movement leader Hardeep Singh. According to Indian media, the central government has suspended its visa service for Canadian citizens in Canada following the growing tension between the two countries. The government has suspended the visa service until further notice, Indian media reported. It is also reported by the foreign media that Visa Application Center BLS International, which oversees online visa applications in India, announced on its website that Indian missions have been informed that the government has suspended the visa service due to operational reasons.
The notice further stated that visa suspension decision has been implemented from September 21, 2023, which will remain in effect until further notice. It is pertinent to note that India has taken this decision after the Canadian government accused India for the murder of Khalistan Movement leader Hardeep Singh. The Canadian government said that it has irrefutable evidence that India is involved in the killing of Hardeep Singh.
The diplomatic tension between India and Canada is continuously increasing over this issue and the ambassadors of both the countries have also been expelled.
- PITB established ‘Business Facilitation Centre’ Receives Over 2,500 Applications; 1,893 NOCs Issued
- Neuralink Implant Enables Patient to Control Computer Mouse Through Thought, Says Elon Musk
- Dewan Motors Introduces BMW i5 & R1300 Models in Pakistan
- US Firm Signs Agreement to Invest $200 Million in Pakistan’s Pink Salt Industry
- iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max to Come in These New Colors